Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

M126X wheel tractor. Clutch engages aggressively at times.

Customer Question

M126X wheel tractor. Clutch engages aggressively at times. Never if you shuttle from forward to reverse. Or if you depress the clutch pedal and hold for 3 seconds or more then engagement is always normal and smooth. If your moving, depress pedal, and then bring pedal back up it could be a harsh engagement, but not always, same with reverse. Or if you take shuttle out of forward move to neutral and then to forward again. Same thing in reverse. I have reprogrammed the clutch and it programs fine.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roy. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the operation is normal other than these intermittent hard shifts occasionally then I would check for signs of metal/debris in the transmission oil and filter/strainer indicating internal problems or excessive wear. If clean unfortunately it would resort to more of a design flaw but if you find metal/debris it will be an indication of a mechanical problem occurring. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you get this resolved?