Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have recently inherited a New Holland TZ24DA.When I

Customer Question

I have recently inherited a New Holland TZ24DA.When I checked fluid levels I found the crankcase dipstick level to be a good 2 inches above the full mark. I ran the engine to warm the oil, then drained the oil, replaced the filter, and re-filled the crankcase with 4.25 qts. I then ran the engine for 10-15 minutes to check for leaks. the following day, I checked the dipstick cold, and once again the oil level was 2 inches above full. What is going on?? Ralph @***@******.*** Thanks so much
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

The oil level is changing because it is getting oil from another source! Does the oil smell of fuel, or seem a little thin? If it smells of diesel, the injection pump body would be leaking diesel into the oil. If no diesel smell, and it does seem thin, the hydraulic pump on the right front of the engine will be leaking hydraulic oil into the gear case. Check the transmission oil and see if it is going down.

The front seal in the hydraulic pump would be leaking.

The injection pump body, or the hydraulic pump are the only two ways that extra oil will show up in the engine.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

i you see my response? Did you find problem?

Did you see my response? And did you find problem? Please accept to close