Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Auto feed quit working.

Customer Question

Auto feed quit working.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check that the feed roller and drive coupling are in tact and not damaged, If ok check the hood safety switches as if any of the switches are bad or not activated, feed will not work. Check the harness and connectors too. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drums are good and installed new safety switch. Could not fine any problem with harnesses.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is the tach working properly? Try re-calibration of the tachometer and if recalibration does not wor you could have a faulty tach

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will never use this site again, no help at all.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, i worked for a Morbark dealer in the past and have first hand experience on these chippers. We can post back and forth as needed for you to get the information you need.... My last post was on the 4th... You never came back to ask for more info or say you even needed more help until today 11 days later.... Did you get this resolved or still having problems? Do you have a digital volt OHM meter and know how to use one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send info needed to check and reset program for auto feed?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Tom, There were several different style Tachs Morbark used on their chippers and this model. Morbark tech support is very good at walking you through the calibration process or faxing/e mailing over some info on this by your serial number. Click on this link and reach out to them with your serial number. run through the calibration steps for your style tach and if unsuccessful let me know as there might be other electrical problems such as a speed sensor, safety switch, harness problem etc causing your problems.

Here is the link.

Morbark