Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Recently bought an older used Kubota tractor. 1250 hrs.

Customer Question

Recently bought an older used Kubota tractor. 1250 hrs. B7100 series The tractor ran fine upon delivery, I tried to start it yesterday after it has set for about 3 weeks. I could not get it to start. At first , after letting the glow plugs warm, the battery spun the engine but it did not start. Second time the starter switch did nothing..no connection with the starter or anything. Just dead response. The battery still gave lights and horn. I could hear the click of the glow plugs but did not kick in the starter when trying to start. Seems the battery is good, but no starter response.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? Has to be minimum of 12. 5 volts and not drop below 8 volts, when key is turned to start. Lights and horn require little amperage, the starter requires much more. My first check would be battery condition, then check the voltage to the starter solenoid switch wire when key is turned to start.