Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

Looking deere tech. Got another problem -if you 't feel like

Customer Question

Looking for john deere tech Kevin. Got another problem for you-if you don't feel like tackling it feel free to pass it on.
We have a 7330 that has been sitting for a month or so and now it won't start. I tried a few of the basic things from the manual. It is not giving any codes and has plenty of low pressure fuel, and does not smoke at all during cranking. This one has the high pressure fuel rail on it.Trying to determine if it is a mechanicial or electronic issue. Any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Bradley

Have you tried tapping on the fuel shut off solenoid to see if it is stuck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is lots of low pressure fuel. When I disconnected the 2 lines that go from the high pressure pump to the HPCR there appears to be quite a bit of fuel coming out. I held my fingers over the 2 lines while cranking (with a glove on) and it seems to have quite a bit of pressure. However when I take the line off of the pressure limiter and crank the engine there is no fuel coming out of the limiter. When we cracked a injector there appears to be quite a bit of fuel coming out (pressure unknown). When I disconnected the "t" in the leak off line that comes to the pump and then to the tank there is no fuel while cranking but there is fuel coming out the other end from the electric pump. Is there any way to tell if the ecu is opening the injectors?

If you have a volt meter you can back probe the wires more than likely the ECU will be sending a signal in milliamps