Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1963 ford 2000 series 4 cylinder gas tractor with 6

Customer Question

I have a 1963 ford 2000 series 4 cylinder gas tractor with 6 volt system it has postive ground. I'm not able to get it to run. It will start once in a great while run maybe 20 to 30 min. then it won't start back. I have put new carb,coil,points,cap,complete tune-up and it hasn't helped any. the tractor has somewhere around 2300 hrs. my neighbor bought tractor new in 1963. If you can help I sure would appericate your help,it is about to drive me crazy. my e-mail is***@******.***
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

When it stops, have you ran test to see if it looses spark or fuel? How do you get it restarted? How long before it restarts? I see many of the older Fords with the fuel tank outlet fitting, being plugged with debris in the tank as it runs. If you have spark when it quits, this is where I would concentrate, the fuel tank outlet should be checked. It will have a strainer o it , remove it from the tank, clean tank and strainer.