Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

I have a 7800 ***** ***** deere. The 3 point tch doesn't

Customer Question

I have a 7800 ***** ***** deere. The 3 point hitch doesn't lift smoothly. when I move the depth control in the cap up or down the 3 point hitch at first doesn't respond then after I moved it quite a lot the hitch suddenly moves. If then I stop moving the depth control the hitch starts moving up and down a little on it's own, like it can't find the correct spot to stop in relation to where the depth control is set in cab. Pulled code on hcu, it has number 48. Tractor serial number is *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The code stored on the hcu is code number 048
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** would like to help you with your question.

Based on your description I agree that it does sound like the hitch position sensor is not reading correctly. Unfortunately the HCU 48 code you provided is not a valid code number for a 7800. You might try looking up HCU address 008 which is the hitch position sensor signal. Raise the hitch and watch for erratic jumps in voltage that might indicate a faulty sensor. You can also observe the voltage while raising the hitch using a hoist (so as to raise the hitch slowly) as voltage should change steadily and not jump around.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to clear the code (simply turn the red warning lamp switch on and back off when the display reads "End") and see if it reoccurs or if no code comes back. If no codes return it may be necessary to perform a complete hitch calibration to see what fault codes are generated during the calibration procedure.

Please keep me posted as to what you are seeing as I will gladly assist you with further diagnostics as needed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

I just wanted to check in to see if I could be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin