Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a JD 575 skid steer. I had a leak in the right boom

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Dan, I have a JD 575 skid steer. I had a leak in the right boom hydraulic line. When I was looking at the other hydraulic hoses. I decide to replace 2 hard lines, and 3 hoses dues to wear, crimping and potential failure. Lines were off machine for about a week. I also replaced all hydraulic fluid and resealed the chain case as it was leaking too. Upon restart, the boom and bucket was extremely slow and no power. The machine dove though. I figured it was air and would work itself out. It didn't. I was in a bind and had to plow this week...just push the snow. In the middle of the job, the charge light/buzzer came on and eventually the machine stopped moving. I have no fluid leaks. I am concerned if I blew up my pump/motors or if I should just change filters. The manual states checking the screen too, but does not provide a location. Any insights would be appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else would you want to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Erik, It's Dan. I will be glad to help. Check the filters and oil for discoloration and signs of fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure. Click on this link for the online parts catalog, type your model, then select sectional index and you will be able to locate your components and part numbers from the diagrams and descriptions in the parts catalog. Let me now if you need more help.

Parts

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Erik, Did you get this resolved?