spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types semis,forklifts,farm,fire,ect.
65057319

My Kubota 4300 got a lot of use this past weekend. I pushed

Customer Question

Hello.
My Kubota 4300 got a lot of use this past weekend. I pushed snow with the front end loader and the rear-mounted blade. On the first day, the engine would occasionally die for no apparent reason. It would restart and I was able to continue the snow clearing.
Yesterday afternoon, the engine started to die every minute or so until now it only seems to run for anywhere from 5 seconds up to about 30 seconds when I restart it.
Notes:
1. The engine sounds fine when it is running.
2. While troubleshooting, I saw that the hydraulic fluid level was extremely low so I filled it up.
3. During the short time that the engine stays running, I can move the bucket and blade up and down, and the tractor goes forward and backwards without any issues - until the engine dies.
4. The tractor has a hydrostatic transmission.
The tractor is stranded on my neighbor's driveway but I can't keep the engine running long enough to get it out onto the road and over to the barn.
Do you have any idea what might be causing the engine to shut down?
Thank you.
Andrew
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

iT sounds like your fuel shutdown solenoid is loosing power shutting down engine, check for power when engine dies out, there are 3 wires, one is ground, one is power during cranking only, other one should have power anytime key is on, you can use test light to check for power,

To get machine back to your house remove shutdown solenoid and engine will stay running while you find out if you are loosing power to it.

Possible causes to loosing power to solenoid is low oil pressure switch, low coolant switch, high coolant temp, or a breaker for shutdown solenoid, that is why it will restart right away. You may also have a bad shutdown solenoid if you are not loosing power.

Click here

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky