Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

, just purchased a JD 4440 and while feeding

Customer Question

Customer: Matt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just purchased a JD 4440 and while feeding cattle and went to shift from park the transmission did not "engage" and was wondering were to start troubleshooting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Matt, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First try to reset the parking brake and turn the IGN off and try again. If the problem remains check the parking brake switch and harness as well as your fuses and relays. If ok check your filter and oil for discoloration and signs of metal/debris indicating an internal problem or failure occurring. Let me know if we need to dig deeper into this