Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

I have a Jinma 284 tractor. the problem. the 3 point tch

Customer Question

I have a Jinma 284 tractor. the problem. the 3 point hitch lever suddenly became stuck. I have been unable to move it to raise the implements.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will try to help you today, first of all have you checked the valve under the seat this valve controls the three point hitch pressure, if you have not Remove the seat, and you will find the valve that controls the rate of drop. Be prepared for some hyd fluid to leak out and the hitch to drop. Remove the three allen head screws and remove the cover. Inside the cover you will find a cylinder about 3/4" in diameter. Pull it out using a pliers, it may be stuck. This is the first place you will notice the corrosion. Once you have the cylinder out, there is a plunger on the opposite end. This plunger/piston is what is jammed or stuck. Break it loose and work it till it operates freely. There isn't much else you can do to it other than clean it. Then reassemble. According to the dealer I spoke with, the problem is caused by the fluid absorbing moisture, thus causing the corrosion. No recommendation for prevention, but it is an easy fix once you have done it.