Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

I've got a 1943 international harvester model H tractor and

Customer Question

I've got a 1943 international harvester model H tractor and it's been converted too 12 volt my problem is I crank and crank on it and just once in awhile it'll kinda fire then nothing what's wrong
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it's converted over too 12 volt where's the wiring come from then cuz it should be different right or no that power wire on side of disturbustor it's off now cuz of 12 volt
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

I have several Farmall H's and M's on the farm as they make great tractors for shuttling equipment around or other odd jobs. When switching the tractor over to 12 volt there should have been a resistor added between the ignition switch and the distributer. The resistor should look like a white rectangular cube about 1/2" x 1/2" x 2". The resistor drops the voltage at the distributor down so that it is between 6 and 9 volts. I would suggest checking to make sure your tractor is equipted with the resistor and then inspect the distributor cap and rotor. If both look good then it may be time for new points and condenser.

If you are still having trouble let me know as I will gladly assist you with further diagnostics.

Thanks,
Kevin