Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have recently bought a cat930h wheel loader. it has done

Customer Question

Customer: hi. I have recently bought a cat930h wheel loader. it has done 6000hrs. I am finding the hydraulics to be very slow to operate. it will hardly lift with no engine revs. I have changed all filters and oil and still has not helped. what are your thoughts.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it also is hard to steer with low engine revs and makes a noise when you do turn it slightly as if the pump is starving for oil. I have check all oil levels and filters.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 10 months ago.

What did you find in the filters? Did you cut them open and inspect for debris?

Did you inspect the oil for debris?

Did it have clean oil? Was it discolored or milky?

What oil did you put back into the system?

Have you checked pump pressures? If, so what did you find?

To fully test this system several pressure tests need to be performed. Do you have pressure testing tooling?

If the pump is bad, the cab must be removed to replace the pump. Do you have adequate lifting equipment?

Special tooling will also be needed to disconnect certain hose fitting that use quick disconnects.

Please let me know the details about this machine and post the full machine serial number with your reply so I can find the correct information for this machine.