Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a JD 310D ..not sure of year..The shuttle shift has

Customer Question

I have a JD 310D ..not sure of year..The shuttle shift has failed very much like an electric wire pulled in two..Engine performing normal until it is shut off..Then will not restart..Clicks like a low battery..
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tina, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number? Test your battery with a digital tested, Clean and inspect all cable connections from the battery to the starter and all grounds. With the IGN switch in the cranking position there should be power at the small S terminal on the starter solenoid. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done this ...As I stated I called the JD service company in my area ..They have made 8 trips and did get the machine operating after cutting into wiring harness and running "bootleg" wiring...It operated almost an hour and then done EXEXACTLY the same thing..Machine is strong and very functional..Less than 9000 hrs.It has always been serviced and maintained..I believe it has something to do with parking brake function.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done this..As I stated the local JD service company has made 8 trips..They did get the machine working ...however less than an hour later exactly the same thing happened.I think it has something to do with the parking brake
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the park brake circuit is tied into the start circuit however. After so many hands and splices, etc in the harness there is no way of knowing from here who did what or may have overlooked something entirely. My question is..... You said it is clicking.... What is clicking? A relay? The starter solenoid? Also I need to know....

"With the IGN switch in the cranking position there should be power at the small S terminal on the starter solenoid. Let me know" Is there? If so... How many volts? 6? 12? none?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check voltage in the morning..The clicking is in the electrical panel where the ign.is located..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update.... Check the accessory relay and your start relay. Here are a couple diagrams.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Also test your diodes in the harness too with an OHM meter

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tina, Did you get this resolved?