Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Deere 425 that ran like a dream. Sometimes it was a

Customer Question

I have a Deere 425 that ran like a dream. Sometimes it was a little cold natured, but when warm it was great. I parked it after mowing and all was fine. Went to start it up a couple weeks later and no start. I figured it must have flooded, but no. Checked spark, good. Checked fuel filter, pumping fine. Took the air filter off and held my hand on the carb to try and start and it didnt seem right. checked compression....one side 0....Not good. What could have happened to loose compression. oil fine, ran fine, then went out...???
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. That is odd for sure. Remove the valve cover and inspect the rocker arms for any indication of any loose ones indicating a problem. Also with the cover off, bar the engine over by hand to be sure everything is mocing as it should and the engine has not jumped time. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.