Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Computer Trak 250 monitor and row 2 is coming up

Customer Question

Hi I have a Computer Trak 250 monitor and row 2 is coming up with chem and fail on the screen can you tell me what this is thanks Chris
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help.

Failed Messages

With the system in operation, if the seed rate in any row falls below two seeds per second, the alarm will sound and the number of the failed rows is displayed without a population. The messages ROW and FAILED are displayed, and the audible alarm sounds continuously. This overrides any other display.

When the planter is stopped, the monitor continues to display the failed message, but the alarm will stop after a few seconds. With the planter stopped, the right-hand switches can be operated to review population for the last 1/200th of an acre.

Click this link to access the complete operation manual. The links are on the LH side for each section of the manual.

Operation Manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan
I was actually chasing what the "chem" signal was for it is on the screen above the row number, the planter is still planting in that row but the alarm keeps going off so I have turned that row off.Regards
Chris
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris... I have not come up with any information on the chem message as of yet.... I will see what I can find during the week if that's okay. I need to look further into it. My manuals are not describing that

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, Did you get this resolved? If not I can opt out and see if someone else might have some info on this. I came up empty as it wasnt even showing in my manuals

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan no I haven't resolved this I couldn't find it in the manual either that is why I went to the net
Regards
Chris
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ill try to do some more digging and see if I can come up with something on it.