Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Deere 1600 with a 96" hydraulic driven Lastec

Customer Question

I have a john Deere 1600 with a 96" hydraulic driven Lastec 425EFDW mower deck. I recently broke the bolt that holds the blade onto the spindle of the main pulley. I was able to get the broken bolt out of the spindle and replace it. At the same time I replace the blades with new Oregan G6, heavy duty industrial blades, bigger and heavier than what I took off.The problem is the blades seem to turn much slower than the one I took off. The mower seems to not have as much power and is more quiet..when I get in a little bit taller grass the blades really slow down..just does not seem to have the power it had with the other blades.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. To help isolate the problem to see if it is actually the difference in blades causing this, put the old blades back on for test purposes to see if this issue resolves. If it does not, there is another issue. If the problem does resolve then the Oregan G6 blades are not matched for the design of your mower unfortunately and I recommend running the OEM spec blades. The only other option is to inspect all pulleys for belt wear and grooves and replace any worn pulleys. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

One other thing to check is for any drag or roughness in the spindle bearings.