Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I purchased a used bx2200 with 660 hours. When I operate the

Customer Question

I purchased a used bx2200 with 660 hours. When I operate the front end loader, one of the stainless steel hydronic connections continually disconnects the hydrolic quick connector on the right side (as you face forward in the driver's seat). Short of taking it to a service center, is there anything I can do to correct the problem?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi James, My name is***** will be glad to help. If I am understanding correctly, one of your quick disconnect fitting comes apart on its own once pressure is put in that line. If this is the case you can remove those fittings and replace them with new. You can see if there is any debris or dirt in the fittings causing them not to lock but if none is found replace the fittings both male and female ends. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It does not come apart because of pressure in the hydrolic lines. The line that comes apart is a rubber hose which uses a quick connector. It disconnects at the quick connector because one of the other lines rubs against the quick connector when the front end loader is raised. The line that rubs against connector is a stainless steel line wrapped in what appears to be black heat shield, and because it is made of stainless steel it has not "give" to allow it to move over and around the quick connector.
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the update James. It is tough to get a good visual from here but if you could upload some pictures it will be helpful using the paperclip icon above. From your description, It sounds like possibly the line is too short and may need to be made a couple inches or so longer to prevent it from rubbing and getting damaged. The residual pressure in the line will have to be removed and usually you can do so with the IGN on. and working the controls for that function several times to bleed off the residual pressure in the line then it will be safe to work on. High pressure oil can be very dangerous and can pierce the skin. Let me know if there is any trouble bleeding off the pressure that way and if you would like to share some pictures.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi James, Did you get this resolved?