Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a 150 HP McCormick Last year it would not engage

Customer Question

Hi
We have a 150 HP McCormick
Last year it would not engage into any forward gears as a O ring blow in the trans That cost $10000 to fix now it is very slow to engage reverse so we are worried that we are going down the same track
Is this a comon foult this tractor has only done 1363 hrs
It is a MTX150 year 2009
It is servised on time as required
My Phone number is###-##-####
Regards Russell
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

Hi Russell, My name is***** to hear you are having troubles so soon after the extensive work done a year ago. Drain the oil and check for signs of metal/debris in the oil and strainer for the transmission indicating an internal failure occurring. If clean, refill with fresh OEM spec oil and the next step is to verify your pressures are in specs to help isolate the source of your problem whether it be excessive internal leakage, a valve problem, or a failing clutch pack. Let me know.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?