Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 5210 Deere with a 540 loader. The handle that

Customer Question

I have a 5210 John Deere with a 540 loader. The handle that operates tilt and upward motion is made out of plastic and broke. The replacement part on the lifting rod is made out of aluminum. I am trying to install the new part. Can you help me?
Bubba
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Loader valve is not dignified by tractor model. Is there any numbers on the loader or the loader valve? Typical loader valve control with single joystick will be replace able by removing the rubber cover, over joystick and unbolting the links for the controls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to remove the rubber cover off the top without tearing it up. How do you take it off?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Has to come loose from the bottom. Should be just slipped around the top of the control section, and would pull up over the handle.