Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

1970 jd 4020 WITH A ,GNUSE REAR END LOADER, while pushing

Customer Question

1970 jd 4020 WITH A ,GNUSE REAR END LOADER, while pushing snow in a high pile, the 3 pt loader was raised higher than normal pushing 3 pt. arms higher than they would normally lift.3pt. loaded would made the front light as lifted,now it will only lift half as much ,pressure is ok. did i bend something or cause an adjustment problem?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

More then likely the load and depth cam was knocked beyond its normal travel range when the hitch was pushed up beyond normal. You can first try changing the position of the load and depth lever to see if the range of travel changes. If this has no affect then you will need to remove the hitch control valve and inspect the linkage for the load and depth control.

The rockshaft control valve is under the steel cover to the left of the seat. After removing the steel cover disconnect the control linkage from the valve and then remove the ring of bolts from around the valve. The following link shows a diagram of the rockshaft valve.

RWP2752________UN01JAN94.gif

Once the valve is removed inspect the cam on the rockshaft and the subsequent roller on the valve itself. The below link will show the rockshaft with the cam being #11.

R13574_________UN01JAN94.gif

Also inspect the load and depth feedback linkage for any signs of damage. The below link shows the load and depth linkage leading up to the control valve itself.

R17605_________UN01JAN94.gif

Let me know what you are seeing as I will gladly assist you with further diagnostics as needed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in to see if you had gotten your hitch problem resolved. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the rockshaft lifts all right, but not with a heavy load , it used to make the front end come of the ground.does any thing you said have anything to do with pressure? have had pressure checked twice,okay
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Not really pressure so much as linkage. My concern is that the control valve linkage primarily the load and depth linkage may have been knocked out of place. Just out of curiosity have you tried moving your load and depth control lever to see if it affects the lift height? You want the lever in the D or depth control position. Let me know when you have time.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT WORK`S IN ALL POSTIONS,LIFT`S UP AND DOWN FINE UNTIL YOU HAVE A HEAVY LOAD WON`T PICK UP BIG HAY BALES THAT ARE 1400 LBS. ACT`S LIKE IT DON`T HAVE ENOUGH PRESSURE TO LIFT!
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Let me clearify. The hitch moves its full range up and down until a heavy load is attempted to be lifted? Also have you verified the load and depth control is in the "D" depth position?

Let me know when you have time.

Thanks,

Kevin