dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a new T 4.75 New Holland tractor twelve speed

Customer Question

I have a new T 4.75 New Holland tractor twelve speed transmission. The range shifter sticks in gear and really takes a tug to get it back to neutral, sometimes almost impossible. Factory tech has no idea what the trouble is. Other new tractors on the lot do the same thing. I don't want a new tractor that isn't 100%. If the factory doesn't know, what am I supposed to do down the road when it won't come out of gear?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 12 months ago.

Have they tried unhooking the cables from the transmission and seeing if either of the cables are hard to move?

And then unhook cables from the shifter and see if the shifter with out cables is hard to shift.

Also the adjustment of the cables?

Have they checked the Clutch cable adjustment to the Neutral interlock, this keep the gears from being shifted if the clutch is not full pushed down part number 87342321