Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Farmtrac 300DTC has a broken forward reverse lever, I have

Customer Question

Farmtrac 300DTC has a broken forward reverse lever, I have the top plate off and have everything freed up. I can not slide the lever up without the bottom socket hitting the gears. Any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. There should be a roll pin you drive out to remove the lever from the shaft. Click on this link for the part manual and see PDF page 69 for the breakdown. Let me know if you need more help.

http://www.partsforfarmtrac.com/files/FTS280300360.pdf

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It is item number 3 in the diagram. Then you should be able to slide the cover off the shafts with the roll pins/spring pins removed from the top levers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am past that part. I have no access to the bottom roll pin, it looks as if I need to move the gears to get the shaft out. Is there a possibility that I have to split the case?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. Yes if you can not maneuver it past the gears unfortunately you will have to tear it down. I recommend having the shop manual handy for this. I found a copy for you in PDF that you can download. Here is the link. I will be away until Sunday evening but available after that for any follow ups. Have a great weekend.

http://store.farmtrac-tractor-parts.com/svc300360.html

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jesse, Did you get this resolved?