Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

JD 5065E Turn key and nothing-hear no clicking or any

Customer Question

JD 5065E Turn key and nothing-hear no clicking or any noise-do get three red intrument emblems on the main display. Tested battery and it's strong-cleaned poles etc-nothing.
Told it might be 1] neutral switch on transmission and I would not hear any noise if that's it, 2] seat switch 3] pto switch or 4] key switch, even though I get panel lighted emblems.
One guy said it was a bad starter and solenoid and that I wouldn't hear any fast clicking, but another JD person said if it was the starter I'd hear fast clicking.
Any thoughts.
David xxxxx
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx ***@******.***
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did anyone mention the starter relay? It has to close before the solenoid is activated?