Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

On my 420 case skid steer my joy sticks will not engage on

Customer Question

HI Dan on my 420 case skid steer my joy sticks will not engage on the hyd side. I still have forward and reverse. all my safty features are engaged
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call me at 1(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dan. I will be glad to help. If all your fuses, relays, and safety switches/wiring check out good the next step is to check your filter for metal/debris indicating an internal hydraulic component failure occurring. What is your serial number machine? Any warning indicators going off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan my serial number isJaf426477. And no there is no indicator going off. when I released the park brake button it used to charge my hyd but is not doing that now.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. Let me look into this further and follow up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for the help Dan. Will be waiting
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim, Are the controls locked out completely? Have you swapped relays with a known good one to confirm they are good? What are the chain of events when this occured?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I Have not tried that Dan but will go try that and let you no. Thanks Tim
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure to help Tim. Sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed all relays Dan it worked great for a couple off minutes then blue again. could you recomendme were to get a wiring harness foe that machine
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim. thanks for the update. Check the connector pins in the harness for any shorted or burnt connections and the harness where it runs through any clamps or along the frame. Sometimes they can rub through and if you find an area like that that might be shorting you could repair that area. Clean and check all your grounds too as a bad ground could cause similar symptoms if the harness checks good. Here is the dealer locator link.

http://www.casece.com/en_us/Pages/dealer.aspx

You can also google some equipment salvage places and put parts on a locator if you decide to go with good used.