Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

How do I remove the rear wheels on the JD 2210 tractor. I

Customer Question

How do I remove the rear wheels on the JD 2210 tractor. I removed the lug nuts but the large black circle in the center looks larger than the yellow wheel center rim.
I just want to take the wheels and tires into the shop to get new tires.
help Thanks
steve
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

Despite the way it looks the black center isn't actually larger. Deere did use plastic covers over the end of the axle for a while that would swell and look like was larger. You can tap the end of the black axle, if it is plastic then yours has the cap, if it is steel then remove the bolts and give the rim a good kick and it should pop off for you. Even if you have the plastic centers the removal method is the same. The black center axle will often rust to the rim making a good snug fit. If the rim is rusted on but good simply hold a piece of wood against the rim and strike it with a maul while working your way around the rim. It should come off after just a few good hits.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to check in to make sure you had gotten your wheels off. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin