Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Have 6430 premium 2006 year replace fuel filter light and

Customer Question

have 6430 premium 2006 year replace fuel filter light and error message keep coming on replaced filter 3 times replaced sensor in bottom of bowl but light still comes on intermittently
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the exact code that it is setting?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

As I'm sure you know the sensor in the bottom of the primary fuel filter is the water in fuel sensor. Most of the codes related to this sensor are due to the fact that it has come unplugged. However there are three different codes for the water in fuel sensor alone, shorted, open, or simply water in fuel detected (based on resistance). It is also possible that the code is completely unrelated to the water in fuel sensor and is actually being set by another problem. If you could provide me with the fault code, an example would be ECU 1347.07. Let me know when you get time and I will do my best to help you narrow down the source of the problem.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no how do I get that?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Two ways, if you have a premium cab tractor the command center display may automatically display the code when you turn the key on. I can describe the steps to get to the stored codes and access them that way.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Just to confirm, this is a premium cab tractor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
premium cab with command center
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Give me a moment as I type the steps to access the stored codes.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
  1. Press the green button that looks like a group of small rectangles with an arrow under it on the right side console, this is the command center menu button.
  2. Scroll to select the green "i" in the circle labeled message center and press the green check button to select.
  3. Scroll to the icon labeled "Addresses" should look like a white box with lines that is I believe the second from the top on the right side and press the check button.
  4. A drop down menu will appear at the top, scroll until it is highlighted and and press the green check button to open the menu, scroll down and highlight the ECU and press the green check button to select.
  5. You should now be looking at the ECU address list, scroll down to 001 which may read "has codes" and press the green check button to select.
  6. This will display all stored ECU codes, at the bottom you will see two hash lines // this is the clear codes button. Write down any stored codes and then scroll to the clear codes button and press the green check button.
  7. Once you have cleared the codes scroll until the arrow making a backwards loop at the bottom is highlight and press the green check button to go back to the previous page. If the ECU 001 address already shows "has codes" again then there is an active code, if so go back to 001 and see what code came back up and let me know which one it is. If no codes have come back up operate the tractor until the code sets and then repeat steps 1 thru 6 and let me know which code came back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks will try this and get back to you later
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you are finding when it is convenient and I check in a few times a day to respond to questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ahh, that was supposed to be "as I check in a few times a day to respond to questions" fat fingers