Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have an M5030 Kubota and it losses power going up ll. It

Customer Question

We have an M5030 Kubota and it losses power going up hill. It runs good on flat land, but any little hill. Tractor is not smoking blue.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First replace your fuel filter and check for restrictions and leaks in the fuel system on the suction side and reply side and repair if needed. If that checks ok be sure you have no air filter restrictions and the engine is getting full RPMs and good fuel pressure. If turbocharged model, check the piping for leaks and the turbo for damage or wear that could cause a loss of boost pressure. Once the engine checks are confirmed good. Check the drivetrain filter/strainer and oil for signs of metal indicating an internal problem and if clean the next step is to have your pressures tested and confirmed they are in specs. Also check your clutch for the possibility it is slipping. Try starting in a high gear and see if it stalls the engine as it should. If it still runs and the tractor barely moves, your clutch is slipping. Let me know