Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I'm back.My loader doesn't have second gear.It's

Customer Question

Hi Dan,I'm back.My loader doesn't have second gear.It's hydrostatic drive.It's a 1992 Zettelmeyer 802 compact loader.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, have you taken any pressure readings? Is the brake pedal rusted or sticking at all. Make sure its pulled all the way back to disengage the inching feature. IS this problem an intermittent issue or steady? Has the column shifter been replaced ? I will grab a manual on the machine when i get to work to assist further this evening. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not taken any pressuer readings.I will try the brake pedal thing.Ist and 3rd work fine though.I bought it last year and no maintance log came with it.

Did you need some info from the manuals on pressure taking, I can send pm maintenance info if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan,send me information on taking.

Okay I will llok for some info on setting pressures and scan tonight. Thanks

Hi Does your dash look like this? You said it works fine in third the info i have shows only 1st and 2nd gear. Can you confirm please

I'm still wondering on the inching function since it will keep the machine in low speed if not working properly. So look at the master cylinder for a pressure switch one for brake lights and one is inching. Jump out or disconnect switch to see if it makes a difference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no mine has twist handle on selector switch 1st,2nd,3rd.push button dif. lock.Zettelmeyer 802i model#00191377

Hi and thanks, ***** ***** but the book i'm using and the ones I've come across are like the pic showed. How about going to the plug and verifying that power is being sent to different wires when changing the shifter control. I would also suspect this unit will be using solenoids for the shifting so I would ohm those as well to see if one is out of range compared to the others.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Dan,I will try those things.Thanks for all the help.

Sorry i dont have more, can you send a picture of the dash and shifter so i might id.?