dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

1963 Ford Industrial 2000 w/4 cylinder engine and select-o-

Customer Question

1963 Ford Industrial 2000 w/4 cylinder engine and select-o- speed trans....I want to get rid of the SOS trans. and replace it with a manual trans... I need to know what models I can interchange with. I would like an 8 speed but I think they came out after mine in the 3 cylinder models and might not bolt up. Can you give me an interchange list? Thank you ,Greg
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any info on what will fit or work on this model here for a swap over.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can get this info may not be online.

The best place to find this info out is to speak with a dealer or repair center that works on this model here as they can sometimes tell you for sure what will fit and what needs done to make it fit.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a very bad answer. This machine is a farm tractor not a truck. I know enough to contact a dealer and I chose to ask you for the answer. I need this question given to a tractor "expert". It should be a relatively simple question to answer.

I apologize my answer didnt help here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.

Any of the 4 cylinder engine 53 to 64 Transissions will work.

Here is a number to call if they are still in business. They can tell you what fits for sure. The Guys rebuilt Selecto o speeds and may want your for parts

(###) ###-####/p>(###) ###-####/p>