Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I got a 4240s I drove around went forward and backward and

Customer Question

I got a 4240s I drove around went forward and backward and shut off 4 days later I stated it and it would not move in any gear please help
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your question.

There are a few different options on 4240 tractors and a couple of items that will help me better understand the problem. If you could get back to me with the answers to the following questions I will do my best to help you narrow down the source of the problem.

1) Is your tractor equipped with a Powershift transmission or a quad range?

2) Do the rest of the tractor hydraulics seem to work normally?

Let me know what you have time.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every thing works but drive I let it set for four days there is some oil that leaked out do you think it's low on oil because it drove fine until I parked it
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies as I don't participate in the phone call side of the Just Answer system.

If you have hydraulics then there is sufficient oil for the tractor to move properly. The transmission pump provides operating oil to the transmission before it provides charge oil to the main hydraulic oil pump. Do you know if the rear PTO will still work? Also can you tell me if the tractor has an 8 speed powershift transmission or a quad range transmission.

Thanks,

Kevin