Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Komatsu fg15st-2 slipping in forward gear, have removed

Customer Question

komatsu fg15st-2 slipping in forward gear, have removed engine to inspect clutch pack, but can not identify where it is located or how to remove
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** saw your post and I will be glad to help you in the right direction with your transmission troubles. First I highly recommend having the service book on hand when doing this type of repair or it can lead to trouble very fast with even the most experienced technician. First, You want to check the oil condition and level for signs of fine metal or peices, burnt smell, discoloration indicating heat and internal problems occuring. If clean and ok the next step is to check your inching pedal adjustments and your pressures covered in the shop manual to be sure they are withing OEM specs and if not the results will help lead yo to isolate the problem. What is in the transmission oil and strainer when you drained it? click here for the intro to the service book so you know the details you will have when you get the manual but due to copywrite issues you will need to purchase a used or new manual on the web or from a dealer.

http://www.kfi-k-link.com/Service/SM123-00-Frontmatter.pdf

Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

the clutch packs are internal inside the transmission requiring dis-assembly of the transmission. I would not attempt this without the manual even myself being an experienced tech with many rebuilds under my belt.