spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types semis,forklifts,farm,fire,ect.
65057319

JD 9320 looses fuel prime after sitting. Starts hard and

Customer Question

JD 9320 looses fuel prime after sitting. Starts hard and will smoke excessively, greyish, when it does start
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Adam, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

First thing you need to do is figure out if you are loosing prime on suction side or return side either one can cause your issues.

After its sits before starting,, drop the first fuel filter,,if it not full you are loosing prime on suction side,,if full you are loosing on return side.

On suction side it could be a leak in a hose,,filter head,,fitting.

First tighten all connections,,then install a sight glass or clear hose inline before fuel pump,run engine at high idle,,if you see air something before that point is leaking,,eliminate one item at a time for testing and redo test,,Note it may take a minute to clear any air from removing item,,fuel water separators and filter heads are common issues,,bypass these first, ONLY TO TEST!

If it's on return side it's most like a return fuel check valve or restricted fitting, replace as needed. NOTE: even new check valves can be defective!

Mpost time issue is on suction side and it could be as simple as a loose fitting or fuel filter not sealing.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Otherwise the website does not credit me and keeps
all of your fee to themselves,,please don't let them get away with it,,rate okay or higher using smiley faxes for me
to get credit I deserve for my work!

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up to see if we resolved the issue, what it was ,or if you need more info.
I would appreciate a reply so I know you are happy with my assistance.
Thanks
spanky