Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2013 gator 825i and it is showing a check engine

Customer Question

I have a 2013 gator 825i and it is showing a check engine light with a picture of a wrench on the dash. How can I read the code?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

This vehicle does not have the self diag option. A tool called the service advisor is needed to link the gator to a computer. This tool is about 2100$. Once the code is know the diag process can begin. Some of the most common issues I have addressed on the gator is the idle control and loose plug wires.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, I have checked plugs and wires, no problem there. I did change the coolant sensor because it was broken off but still in the head. It seemed to be running rich and had a slight knock prior to doing so. I believe this may have set a code and turned on the maintenance light. Do you know how to clear the codes or flash them?

Without a scan tool, you can disconnect the negative battery cable for minimum of 4 hours. The light will stay off till the computer sees an issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What type of problems have you seen with the idle control?

Unable to idle on its own, are the idle issues I have seen.

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the negative battery cable for 5 hours and no go?

Unfortunately that means the computer is recognizing the issue as soon as the key is turned on. So its a must to use a scan tool at this point.