Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Curtis, I'm not grasping your point as it sounds like you

Customer Question

Hi Curtis, I'm not grasping your point as it sounds like you wrote that the disc could be lifted(the wheel disc utilizing the hoses that run to the cultivator bars) being that part of the system has a larger cylinder surface..as opposed to the three point which is a smaller cylinder surface which would only raise the smaller disc (slowly) by revving the engine? If the relief valve is faulty, wouldn't the fluid by-pass it constantly? At present, once I have raised something heavy with the lift arms, it will stay in place..not ooze back to the ground.Thank you, Ed
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You don't have the pressure/volume to raise the three point. The hoses to the remote valve are not on the same hydraulic circuit. And size of piston in cylinder, is what determines the power of the cylinder. The bigger the surface area, the more power a cylinder has. When you rev the engine you are forcing more oil through, and relief may be leaking. It typically would be a weak pump, but you have replaced pump, so all that is left is the relief valve. The piston is ok, or the load would creep down.