spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types semis,forklifts,farm,fire,ect.
65057319

I have a 555 cumins the engine surges badly hard to start

Customer Question

I have a 555 cumins the engine surges badly hard to start ,recently changed fuel filter it was only half full.has a pool of fuel under fuel pump,cant find if coming out of pump or hoses,no extra smoke out of exhaust,hope you can help Paul
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Sounds like you have two issues,, first is you have leak on suction side of fuel system (sucking air) before fuel pump,,its either a bad line or filter head,,second is fuel leak on pump.

The sucking air will cause filters to be half full and cause surging,,you can bypass filter head and see if it clears up, if it does filter head is bad,,if not do one fuel line at a time until its fixed.

Next I would order a rebuilt fuel pump that is cheapest way to go.

Click here for a rebuilt pump shop,,they do good work and probably have yours in stock so you can continue to use it.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky