Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

1365 Oliver, 3-point arms no longer want to raise my disk

Customer Question

1365 Oliver, 3-point arms no longer want to raise my disk unless motor is revved to 2,000. It does not leak down once the disk is raised. Disconnecting the hoses from the cultivator bars and plugging them into a wheel disk, it raises that unit..which is heavier, with no problem. What part of the hydraulic system under the seat would you think is the issue??
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The hydraulic relief valve for the three point is not holding the pressure needed for the lift cylinder, and arms. It has enough pressure to raise disc, because you have a larger cylinder surface, which gives more lifting power. The cylinder in the three point is smaller surface, so has less lift! Relief valve needs to be adjusted or replaced.