Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 93 Kubota 2950 tractor with 1800 hours. I keep it

Customer Question

I have a 93 Kubota 2950 tractor with 1800 hours. I keep it in good shape and air filters clean. The tractor recently started over heating with the gauge going from cold to hot in a few minutes of mowing grass on a cool day. I changed the coolant and tightened the belt and made sure there were no leaks. Same heating problem.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the thermostat, at the top radiator hose connection on engine. Then with thermostat removed and fluid up to the connection, crank engine and see if fluid pours from connection. If it does, water pump is good. If not, water pump has failed.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If water pump is ok, try a new thermostat.