Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

WHERE DO YOU ADD HYDRAULIC FLUID TO A DEUTZ MODEL D5207?

Customer Question

Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unhooked the hydraulic lines to take the starter off and when I hooked the hydraulic lines back up I have no hydraulic pressure. I need to add hydraulic fluid and I may need to drain the air form the hydraulic lines. Please advise on procedure to add hydraulic fluid and restore hydraulic power.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Open tractor, no cab, the fill is at the transmission shift cover. On cab models, look behind the cab . at the three point housing or next to the three point housing will be dipstick and fill cap. Should be no bleeding required, system is self bleeding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an open tractor but I can't find the fill at the transmission shift cover. I have a manual with schematics of the hydraulic system but it does not show where to add fluid. I am sending photos and/or schematics if they will help
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

First image shows the dipstick, filler should be near it! May be on the transmission housing! Filler is always near check point!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a 1980's model. I have been over the entire tractor and can find only one dip stick for the engine oil. I did slide the seat forward and found a cap under the seat on top off the hydraulic system. I unscrewed the cap and the dip stick is attached to the cap. The fluid level is at the normal level but after 10 minutes of engine idle I still have no hydraulic pressure. Is there a way to prime the hydraulic lines. I have checked all hydraulic lines for leaks. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Pump may have lost prime. Remove the suction line at the pump and pump it full of grease. Then re-install the line. This makes the pump have good seal and will let pump pickup the fluid!