Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Massey Ferguson Tractor Model 471 Serial Number 9363BN36072

Customer Question

I have removed the injector Pump and had it sent away and rebuilt. Normally I juat mark the gears and put them back the way they came off, but this one has no key way on the gear to pump connection. How do I time this pump?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

What is the engine model number?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know the Engine model number and I am not near the tractor now but I will look this afternoon and respond.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.

Thank you,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe, I am sorry it took me so long to respond but the info sticker on the engine was so bad that I could not read the Model No., I did finally find a plate on the head and the number is ***** follows: 2161/200
RE 37827-B501962L
If possible I need to know where the timeing mark is for the crank and how to time the injector pump. Thanks for your help.