Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I need assistance with wiring on my 1969 Massey Ferguson 135

Customer Question

I need assistance with wiring on my 1969 Massey Ferguson 135 Standard 3 cylinder Gasser. The FM135 is a basic model without an Amp Meter.
.
Where do the 2 wires go that the wiring diagram show they go to the Amp Meter when the model I have does not have an Amp Meter?
.
History: Last Easter my Dad hauling kids around on a hay ride when the wiring harness got hot and melted. I said I would be right out to fix it. Well, it was a couple of months before I got out there. Dad had already pulled the writing harness off. I rewired the harness and ask my Dad where does the wires go. My Father has Alzheimer's and replied: I do not remember.
.
I figure everything; out except 2 wires that the wiring diagram hooked to the Amp Meter. The problem is that the MF 135 I have does not have an Amp Meter. I clamped the 2 wires together.
.
Where do these two wires that the diagram states that go the Amp Meter hook up together?
.
There has to be some point where they connect to the same t
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What do you need? Wiring diagram?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the wires would go together. Ampmeter always has full battery voltage in and out, so with no meter,the wires just go together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that the wires would go together. I can just bolt them together and cover them with electrical tape. There are an eyelet on the end of each cable that appear to be bolted to something. To clarify my question is: Where or what do I bolt them to? I have searched all under the dash and so not find anything within reach of these two cables. ????. My suspect is that there should be a rubber non-grounded post somewhere. All the other wires fit and hooked up nicely except these two. I do not want future issues with two wires taped together flopping around. I have searched other farmers in the area and they all have the Deluxe with Amp Meter. THank you in advance for you help. Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the wiring diagrams I have and can find on the internet have a Amp Meter.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

There is no place to bolt them. You can add an ampmeter or you will have to connect them together.