Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 4700 Deere Sprayer has started putting blue smoke from

Customer Question

My 4700 John Deere Sprayer has started putting blue smoke from the exhaust when I turn up the throttle it is a 1998 model serial number 2183
I know it could be be the main air filter so I am checking that Does anybody else have any other ideas? It only has 1900 hours on it I only use it for my asparagus season. I do have a mechanic what can I ask him to check. I have read the trouble shooting in the operators manual.... any ideas anybody It cannot be anything serious I hope
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

this has turbocharged engine, check the turbo outlet hose, that connects to the intake. If there is oil in the pipe, the turbocharger seals are out, and the oil is getting into the cylinders.