Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I plowed all day on my JD 1025 with brakes on. Now the

Customer Question

I plowed all day on my JD 1025 with brakes on. Now the tractor rolls on hills even with brake pedal all the way down. Local dealer estimates $1800 for repairs since the brakes require removal of the rear housing. Can this be accurate?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is accurate. Its mostly labor. Parts should be about 250$ per side and potentially another 100$ per side if it got hot enough to ruin the housing and actuators.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle or equipment. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris