Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2008 deutz agtron 130 tractor with a fuel problem.

Customer Question

i have a 2008 deutz agtron 130 tractor with a fuel problem. the tractor will run perfectly for long periods of time,but sometimes if i start it cold and run it for a short time like 10 minutes,it will run for a short time and then stop for what seems to be a lack of fuel.i then have to bleed the system to get fuel back to the fuel filter because the manuel lift pump will have no fuel in it.it seems like the fuel has run back to the tank and emptied the supply line up to the fuel filter.all the conections are tight and there is plenty of fuel in the tank
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I think the fuel drain back is not problem. You have a problem with something in the tank or the tank outlet line plugging the supply to the lift pump. Or a bad lift pump. Is lift pump electric or the manual pump? If electric it could quit, but if manual not likely.