Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

I have a 9500 Deere and oil buzzer is going off and header

Customer Question

Hi Kevin I have a 9500 John Deere and oil buzzer is going off and header won't raise?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

This can be caused by a couple different faults. First off does the machine still move? If the answer is no then check to see if the unload drive pulleys on the engine gearcase are spinning, if they are not then the engine gearcase drive coupler has most likely failed.

If the pulleys are spinning but you have no steering, no hydraulics, and the machine will not move then the engine gearcase 90 degree bevel gears may have failed. Remove the top cover over the 90 in the gearcase and inspect the bevel gears.

If the machine moves normal but you have no steering and no hydraulics then the front hydraulic pump has most likely failed and sheared its driver off. Note that if the front coupler has sheared it could be the rear pump (main hydraulics) that has seized up. If you have a one piece pump with four hoses (two pumps in the same housing) then the whole pump will need to be replaced. If you have a two piece rear pump assembly (two separate pumps each with two hoses that bolt together) then check the rear pump by for resistance by removing and turning by hand. If the rear pump turns smoothly and only the front pump is damaged then you need only replace the front pump.

Because the front pump (steering and engine gearcase pressure) pulls oil from the engine gearcase it is possible to be able to steer and yet have no hydraulics as the rear pump pulls oil from the reservoir. Be sure to check the oil level in both before replacing any pumps.

Please keep me posted if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, my steering good all hydraulics work fine*****
is good combine moves!! Header just won't raise, could it be something electrical? Remember engine oil light is on too, if that could be a tip
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, I noticed the description said only "Oil Buzzer" so I assumed that you were referring to the engine gearcase pressure fault. The engine oil pressure signal also closes the interlock relay to supply power to your hydraulic functions and a few others. Basically if the oil pressure alarm comes on they want you to stop and take notice. In this case the best place to start is the engine. Inspect your engine oil pressure sender, if there are any signs of oil pin the electrical plug then the sender is failed.

Pin A at the oil pressure sender harness side is a direct path to frame ground. Pin B cc 705 follows the right hand harness to the cab wall and then to the warning display pannel. You can put a jumper wire between the two pins at the sender plug and test for ground at the harness further up the line. I will note that if you put the jumper wire in the oil pressure indicator light should go out on the warning display panel if the harness is good. The cc705 wire is pin 14 in the engine compartment over head connector (Black round 36 pin) pin 7 at the cab wall connector, and pin 13 at the warning display panel.

Please keep me posted if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will rate this when I get part in and confirm
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thats perfectly fine. Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Kevin

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to check in to see if you had gotten the buzzer problem resolved?

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have not,thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Have you had time to attempt any of the diagnostics I provided earlier?