Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I own a ZD221 Kubota zero turn mower. After it runs to 25

Customer Question

I own a ZD221 Kubota zero turn mower. After it runs for 20 to 25 minutes it wants to stop running & Or loses power. It is a diesel engine. What do you think the problem may be
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace both the fuel filters? One before the electric pump and one after the pump? For test of supply system, make a test line and attach it to the inlet of the electric fuel pump, and drop it back into the fuel tank filler opening. The run with the tan outlet and hoses up to the electric pump bypassed. If mower runs normal. you have a restriction before the electric pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis B.
As i explained in my question. It runs fine for 20 to 25 minutes. If there was a restriction in the fuel line. Would this not let it run period? It seems to me that the temperature has something to do with this issue. The mower does not over heat through the coolant system? Is there something other than the coolant system that would cause this issue ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

From my experience, it is restriction of the fuel. Diesel engine should run better the hotter it gets, so I don't think it has anything to do with heat.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Much more likely it has trash in the fuel system and it builds up as you run, causing the power loss.