Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Massey Ferguson swather 9430, 2008 and it has a

Customer Question

I have a Massey Ferguson swather 9430, 2008 and it has a susi engine from finland. while driving it, the engine slows down and it loses power as if the engine is not getting enough fuel. we changed fuel filters 3 times in the last 10 hours. The fuel tank is full. The electric pump seems to be working. When I take the second fuel filter off, and turn the key to "on" there is lots of fuel coming from the electric fuel pump. When I put the fuel filter back on the electric pump runs for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. I believe that there is a problem with the fuel system. Sometimes the engine runs with lots of power and then suddenly slows down. Thanks;
Marcus
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine does not smoke black smoke and the exhaust appears normal and clean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The air filter is clean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 4 cylinder, turbo.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the fuel lines between the tank and pump for restrictions and leaks/dry rot cracking. If ok then verify you have good fuel supply to the injection pump. Install a clear hose or sight glass inline to watch for air bubbles as there should be little to none. If found try running from a separate fuel container to the pump to bypass the existing fuel suction lines. If it will run without trouble you have a suction problem. If the problem still exists check the injection pump for potential internal problems. Let me know