Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a ford 2000 model farm tractor, blue belly early

Customer Question

I have a ford 2000 model farm tractor, blue belly early model , somewhere between 1959-1961 . it wants to load up and backfire, and then all of a sudden it will run smooth for a minute or two
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** for the request. Is this the 3 cylinder gas engine in your tractor? If so you will want to clean out the carb bowl for sediment and make sure the jets are clear ( Possible carb rebuild kit for starters) Also look for intake manifold and vacuum leaks. If that is ok and you have good fuel supply and no restrictions in the fuel lines double check the timing and verify you have food spark and no shorted or arching plug wires causing a misfire. Do a tune up ( Plugs, wires, points/condenser, cap and rotor. Start there and let me know if we need to dig deeper.