Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Kubota is a BX2660 Going from 3200rpm down around 1600 and

Customer Question

Kubota is a BX2660
Going from 3200rpm down around 1600 and
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently it didn't take all of my question . . .
anyway, going along and it goes from 3000+/- if you are mowing and then it suddenly goes to around 1600+/- and back up to 2400+/- and back down then up to normal (and so on). There is nothing external causing this e.g. long grass, uphill, etc. It does it while mowing but also it you disconnect the mower. It is clean and maintained religiously. We just went thru and replaced filters and oil and lubed everything to see if that was the issue and it didn't help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you get any misfire when this happens? If not, it is not likely fuel supply problem, through the electric fuel pump can't be ruled out. But I would want to test the fuel shutoff solenoid first.. Located just to the left of the injection pump body. You can unbolt it, and plug the hole with tape, to run test. The solenoid has to stay retracted as long as the key is on. If it fluctuates, it will affect the engine rpm and power.