dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I was using the front loader to move some dirt. I drove into

Customer Question

Good evening,
I was using the front loader to move some dirt. I drove into the pile and pushed cluch in to soft from 1st to reverse, let clutch out and nothing. The clutch is working (I can shift into gear when clutch pedal is depressed but grinds when pedal is up) so power is getting to input shaft. It is*****so I figure it can't be the ring and pinion because the front wheels make no effort to move either. I don't know if it has anything to do with high\low lever or a broken shaft. I didn't hear anything break. I'm an auto mechanic so I understand the basics of what goes on but I don't know the specifics of how power enters transmission and is transferred to the pinion gear. Any help is appreciated. I do not have a manual to help me see a parts schematic. Any ideas?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.

The best advise I can give you is to go to the John Deere Parsts books,

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

look at the transmission shafts and gears.

I had one of these a few years ago and if I remember it was in the Range Transmission behind the main transmission in front of the differential.

I went to a Local John Deere Dealer, ask if I could copy the service manual. , no problem.